Welcome to the website for USA Softball of New York City, also known as Southern New York ASA. Our territory consists of all five boroughs in New York City. We also cover Nassau County and Suffolk County of Long Island as well as Rockland County and Westchester County.
The Amateur Softball Association (ASA) of America/USA Softball, the National Governing Body (NGB) of Softball in the U.S., changed its organizational and trade name to “USA Softball” as of January 1, 2017. ASA has been very successful for over 80 years, so why the name change? It was so that everyone gains an understanding of what and who our organization represents. This rebrand from ASA/USA Softball allows us to better identify as USA Softball, the National Governing Body (NGB) for the Sport of Softball, as recognized by the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).
If you would like to view this website on the Mobile App: click the following link: USA Softball Mobile App.
Top Ten Reasons to Play USA Softball
- Organizational structure for leagues and tournament play for all ages
- Rulebook and scorebook for each registered team
- Training for umpires (in-person clinics/schools in addition to video support)
- Training (video) for youth softball coaches
- Affordable background checks for coaches and other league officials
- Insurance discounts with national provider for field owners, league directors, teams and individuals
- Tournament (invitational, national qualifier, territory, and national championship) hosting opportunities
- More access to high quality national tournaments than anyone else
- Access to merchandise (apparel, bats, balls, prizes) discounts for league and tournament directors
- Equipment standards/testing protocols and player classification system to ensure competitive balance